Bleach: Era X
Welcome to Era X and the realm of Bleach! Register to participate on the forum :3
Welcome to Era X and the realm of Bleach! Register to participate on the forum :3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online Bleach RP Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Every member is allowed 1 Rogue character, meaning all other characters must join an Org.
Hey everyone!

Top posters
Zenke
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_vote_lcapHELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_voting_barHELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_vote_rcap 
Jun Tomoshibi
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_vote_lcapHELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_voting_barHELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) I_vote_rcap 
Rena
Kano
Parius
Orange
Orgoth
Sugerbliss
Fritz
Anz
Latest topics
» Hi Hi I'm a robit now! Oh and this is Jin...
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 am

» Growing the Power (Saito Tier Up|Zenke)
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Parius Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:59 pm

» Face-claim, son of Orgoth.
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 am

» [insert first name here] Ashe (WIP)
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Orgoth Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:39 pm

» Gathering Storm(Orgoth)
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Zenke Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm

» Little Robit Visiting
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Orgoth Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 pm

» The Project of a Lifetime (Zenke)
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

» three new face claims
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Orgoth Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

» Yuri, mod soul version (finished)
HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Emptyby Orgoth Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Affiliates
Add Us to your Affiliates

Role Play Affiliates
Bleach: New Horizon

Bleach Remnant Souls

Bleach Platinum Hearts

Bleach:EoO

HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Bleach_28-t1-1

Naruto Cataclysm

Novus

Heroes Among Us

HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Bngadb10

Other Affiliates

HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tea

HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Empty
PostSubject: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 9:03 am

General Fighting Style, likes, fears (Weaknesses, character types, Strengths and affects on different races) doesn't explain what Sensing/Pesquisa is and how it is both non racial and racial. It mostly talks about the author's characters. And I really...really...would rather NOT to go through 2 character apps just to understand 1 section of a guideline.

Quote :

https://bleacherax.rpg-board.net/t1029-general-fighting-style-and-likes-fears

Sensing/Pesquisa: This one actually applies to both racial and not racial. This one is actually fairly small and there are degrees to experts on this one. My character Rui is more widespread, being able to sense across dimensions. He keeps track of everyone he's met and the org. leaders too. He is the ultimate information gatherer/broker, however, unless he witnesses a fight or fights the person he does not know their abilities, and only if the person isn't hiding their power can he really track them. My other character Raiden Arashi is another extreme. He can "see" your power, whether you're hiding it or not, and can tell what race you are, even through monitors. Disguising your power as something else he'll be able to tell, but not see through them (currently, only the custom race is like that). He can also tell how strong an energy/elemental attack is by eyesight, but sensing anything outside of his eyesight is average at best. Those are simply the extremes of the expert range, most experts are not even up to that much. Typically average on most characters.

https://bleacherax.rpg-board.net/t1029-general-fighting-style-and-likes-fears

I feel like everything I bolded is more like an example than an explanation of what sensing/pesquisa is. Yes, I have read Bleach before anyone asks.

What does sensing/pesquisa do?
Who can do it?
How long does it last?
What are the racial/non racial stuff? Which races?
How does it effect others?
Is it easy to turn it off?
Can other people tell when someone is using it?

I'm seriously having difficulties with parts of the information.
(Been taking notes this entire time, later I'll post it and check to see if I really do get it.)

It's a BIG reason why I HAVEN'T posted even a bit of my character application yet.
Back to top Go down
Zenke
Staff
Zenke

Arena Record
Arena Credit: 0 Points

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm

1. Sensing is a persons ability to sense large concentration of spiritual energy, in other words a person or energy/elemental attack fired by that person. Pesquisa is an arrancar's version of Sensing, and works in a similar fashion to sonar.

2. Any one with spiritual energy can potentially sense. Some characters have no capacity at all for it, while others are so good at it they can sense for miles. This is entirely up to you, and can be defined in your fighting style.

3. Sensing is passive, so is always active. Special abilities based around sensing may not be though.

4. Pesquisa is a racial ability and only arrancar have it. But Another thing to note here is that bounto cannot be sensed by any means.

5. It has no real effect on anyone else.

6. Its passive, as I said. But I imagine with practice you could turn it off. Again this is up to yourself, if you want your sensing to have an off switch that's fine.

7. There is no way to tell if someone can sense you, unless your a bounto (because you know they cant) or your suppressing your power to the point of being undetectable. (As a rule, once combat starts if you were suppressing your power you automatically stop. It takes allot of concentration to do, and you do need good spiritual control.) As I said some people might not be able to sense, but there no way for you to know that unless they tell you in rp.

I think I covered everything. Anything else just post it here.

Jun Edit because a seperate post is unnecessary from me: Below is even a link to the arrancar powers, and via simple deduction, can tell what sensing does. Nevertheless, I added some more details to that part, as well as the spiritual pressure part to that section. Yes, those were just examples of some extremes to the expert range, should you decide to be an expert. Or not even be an extreme. Some feedback on those would be appreciated...I, and most other people, kinda thought it to be pretty self-explainatory, especially since most are familiar with Bleach. I apologize if my tone on this edit isn't very nice or anything like that...

https://bleacherax.rpg-board.net/t6-arrancar-powers
Back to top Go down
Zenke
Staff
Zenke

Arena Record

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Oh and seriously when it comes to posting your character please don't worry. There really is no rush, I know there's a rule about having a character posted within seven days of joining, but that's to deter people from loitering on our chat who have no interest in the site. You clearly are interested, and haven't been loitering on the chat. XD So there's really no rush.
Back to top Go down
Tea

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:01 am

Thank you it's was really helpful! Also, you didn't come off as mean or anything.
Back to top Go down
Tea

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptySat May 17, 2014 9:03 am

Because I'm almost done taking down notes over here. There's just one little thing that I don't get, a WORD. Just 1 word.

Quote :
This doesn't say a whole lot. I'm sure most children make that promise to themselves. But this doesn't say anything about his emotions. It doesn't mention any specific instances that caused him to make that vow. It doesn't mention if he ever had an opportunity to keep that vow, or if he re-nigged on it from fear or anger or frustration.
Source: https://bleacherax.rpg-board.net/t27-character-background

What's re-nigged? I tried to look it up on the dictionary but I couldn't find anything. Is this one of those words that's not in the dictionary (like slang...like coolness or something. I've seen some of these in the Information section and those I can get what they mean but this I don't).
Back to top Go down
Zenke
Staff
Zenke

Arena Record

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Not entirely sure myself. I assume it mean's he went back on his vow. I'm not familiar with american slang but it could just be that. Or a typo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)   HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this) Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! (not random/Interesting. Nowhere to put this)
Page 1 of 1