Bleach: Era X
Welcome to Era X and the realm of Bleach! Register to participate on the forum :3
Welcome to Era X and the realm of Bleach! Register to participate on the forum :3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online Bleach RP Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Every member is allowed 1 Rogue character, meaning all other characters must join an Org.
Hey everyone!

Top posters
Zenke
Ability Rules and Guidelines I_vote_lcapAbility Rules and Guidelines I_voting_barAbility Rules and Guidelines I_vote_rcap 
Jun Tomoshibi
Ability Rules and Guidelines I_vote_lcapAbility Rules and Guidelines I_voting_barAbility Rules and Guidelines I_vote_rcap 
Rena
Kano
Parius
Orange
Orgoth
Sugerbliss
Fritz
Anz
Latest topics
» Hi Hi I'm a robit now! Oh and this is Jin...
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 am

» Growing the Power (Saito Tier Up|Zenke)
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Parius Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:59 pm

» Face-claim, son of Orgoth.
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 am

» [insert first name here] Ashe (WIP)
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Orgoth Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:39 pm

» Gathering Storm(Orgoth)
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Zenke Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm

» Little Robit Visiting
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Orgoth Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 pm

» The Project of a Lifetime (Zenke)
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Jun Tomoshibi Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

» three new face claims
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Orgoth Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

» Yuri, mod soul version (finished)
Ability Rules and Guidelines Emptyby Orgoth Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Affiliates
Add Us to your Affiliates

Role Play Affiliates
Bleach: New Horizon

Bleach Remnant Souls

Bleach Platinum Hearts

Bleach:EoO

Ability Rules and Guidelines Bleach_28-t1-1

Naruto Cataclysm

Novus

Heroes Among Us

Ability Rules and Guidelines Bngadb10

Other Affiliates

Ability Rules and Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rena
Founder
Rena

Arena Record
Arena Credit: 0 Points

Ability Rules and Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Ability Rules and Guidelines   Ability Rules and Guidelines EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:39 am

Since there's been a few situations of whether or not an ability is acceptable or "you let them do that, why not me?" type of deals, I'm going to clarify a few things in the post, starting with a few basic rules and then guidelines to getting an approved ability.

--Rule No. 1--

If your ability involves some sort of element, it will be that element, no excuses. For example, if you have a fire ability, you can't say your fire can't be put out by water because it's actually reiatsu. That's worse than god-mod and it's frankly quite annoying to deal with. If your ability deals with blood, it is blood and will be treated as if it were blood. Blood can be frozen for it is a liquid, fyi. (blood popcicles are very tasty btw. )

--Rule No. 2--

Abilities will be graded more strictly here as to keep from god-modding. As such, if a staff member asks you to mod your ability, do not argue with them and tell them no. Fix what needs to be fixed. There are no exceptions. If you argue with the staff member about a change on your ability, they reserve the right to completely deny the app.

--Rule No. 3--

Your abilities need to be explained in depth. The sooner the better. If your ability says "controls water" you will not get that through. If your abilities don't have enough detail to keep any type of loophole with the ability because we've had past experiences with this.

--Rule No. 4--

There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to any of these rules, so do not try.

As for guidelines for certain elemental uses, You can only have two elements at full power. Anything further and you WILL have problems controlling your abilities and/or using them to their full power. As a rule of thumb do not even bother trying for 3 or more elements unless you are willing to nerf them exactly as staff directs. This means no more than 2 free MANIPULATIONs of two elements.

If you are using any type of teleportation ability, you better have a limit to how many times you can teleport (to be decided by app checker) in a given time span.

If your abilities will have anything to do with cloning, you must state clearly where the original is in the post so that you cannot state in your next post that it was actually your clone. On top, we'll use a cloning of 6, if you have 6 clones, you on top of the 6 clones will make 7. Therefore, the strength of each of your clones will be 1/7 the strength of no clones.

For poison abilities, nothing that causes instant death or death after so many turns. No poisons that make the opponent paralyzed. However, blurred vision, loss of stamina and severe headaches and minor side-effects like that are acceptable. Though that doesn't mean we will approve it. On a second note. Any form of poison. ANY. Must be able to be fought off by healing abilities/ kidou, regenerative powers, and intense spiritual pressure ( As shown by Kenpachi and Yachiru )

--Rule No.5--
ALL FORMS OF TIME MANIPULATION ARE INSTANTLY DENIED This rule is NON negotiable.

As for now, these are the only abilities that have been brought to my attention that require preset guidelines. More can and probably will be added at a later date. As such, there will be a modified stamp in the description to know if there is a change.

--Rule No. 6--
Teleportation skills and space manipulation skills are all case by case, and are carefully moderated. They must have a teleporting limit, meaning so many teleports before a cool down, or so many teleports per thread.

--Rule No. 7--
No Zanpakuto Manifestation! Especially in combat threads or any kind of fight! Social manifestation is alright, as long as the character in question is actually able to do this in their application...which usually means bankai+.

--Rule No. 8--
Portal, redirecting, and barrier abilities are allowed, however they must have the proper repercussions to being used, and is up to Staff discretion if the power has the proper limitations.

--Rule No. 9--
Gravity Manipulation is a case by case power, and is subject to staff approval, and will be moderated. It also must have acceptable limitations.

--Rule No. 10--
Event powers are purely case by case, they can be overpowered, but not Godmod. And as event powers are, they can ONLY BE USED IN EVENTS.

--Rule No. 11--
Psychological attacks, such as illusions and the like, are allowed but cannot be overpowering, meaning that they have a grace period of some kind, along with needed limitations.

--Rule No. 12--
NO ABILITY that works regardless of another ability will be accepted or approved, if it somehow slips through and is found out it will be removed. A REGARDLESS OF OTHER ABILITY is not the same as a resistance, but rather an ability that can work no matter what, despite all circumstances. Such as a poison working against someone immune to poisons (though someone being immune to poisons wouldn't be accepted anyway, dependant on what they are, this is just an example). Things such as that are not allowed in the slightest.

--Rule No. 13--
Final moves are allowed, however a character may only have one final move. Note: a final move is a one use move of great power, that will disable your character in some way if used (usually fatigue state for the rest of the thread), the benefit is if it hits it generally knocks out your opponant, unless they are much more powerful than you. Final moves are not auto hit, so use with caution. However, there is a min. 8 post fatigue state should you not have the exhaust through whole thread. Keep in mind though, in that scenario, you'll have buckets of spiritual power and won't fight for long afterwards even after fatigue state.

--Rule No. 14--
Homing abilities and direction abilities (meaning you can control it) must have at minimum a 1 post cooldown as a guideline. Minor homing abilities and direction abilities may not require it, but if they have anything else with it, then it does. As the guideline, that is for a cero's worth of damage. But it is up to staff discretion for any other implications.

--Rule No. 15--
Absolutely no draining abilities directly from the target, especially life force. There is no defense against it and has super OP potential. So please don't try. Now absorbing elemental/energy attacks and storing them or something similar would be ok, so long as proper limits are in place. Against, staff discretion on any potential nerfs it may need.
Back to top Go down
https://bleacherax.rpg-board.net

Ability Rules and Guidelines
Page 1 of 1